(Effective Date: December 15th, 2017)
Gappify, Inc., 1161 Mission Street, Suite 525, San Francisco, CA 94103 (“Gappify“, “us” or “we“) has self-certified to the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework. Please click here to view our Privacy Shield Notice.
- Information that we collect about our Enterprise Customers.
- Information that our Customers collect about their Vendors/Customers (BTB).
- Cookies and other tracking technology that we use.
- What we do with the information that we collect.
- With whom we share the information we collect.
- Our policy on correcting and updating Personal Information and deactivation of your account.
- Privacy Shield.
INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT ABOUT OUR ENTERPRISE CUSTOMERS
Information Provided by You Upon Registration on Gappify. When you register for an account on a Site and/or purchase a product or service from us, we may collect the following information that allows us to identify you (“Personal Information“):
- E-mail address
- Company Name
- E-mail address
- Company Name
- Phone Number
- Information about your position
INFORMATION THAT OUR CUSTOMERS COLLECT FROM THEIR VENDORS/CUSTOMERS (BTB)
If you use our services to solicit data from your customers/vendors via email, or the online forms that Gappify provide, we will collect, on your behalf, the Personal Information and any other information provided in such forms from your customers/vendors. We will use the information provided by these customers/vendors to provide services to you. We have no direct relationship with customers/vendors. You are responsible for ensuring that you have the appropriate consent for us to collect and process Customers/Vendors information to provide our services. If you are a Customer/Vendor and believe you have received an email from Gappify on behalf of one of our customers, please contact that company directly with any questions.
COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES THAT WE USE
- Beacons are small graphical images (also known as “pixel tags” or “clear GIFs”) that may be included on our Emails and typically work to track email metrics (open, clicked).
- A script is programming code that is designed to collect information about your interactions with the Site, such as the links you click on or the information that is temporarily saved while you are working on the site. It works in conjunction with cookies and is only applicable until the session is maintained.
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
As examples of how we may use Personal Information that we collect, we use Personal Information in the following ways:
- Information Provided by You Upon Registration. We may use this Personal Information to administer your access to a Site, verify your identity, and provide our products or services to you.
- Information Provided When You Contact Us. We may use this Personal Information to understand and respond to your question or comment.
- Information Collected from Customers/Vendors of our Customers. As requested by our (Gappify’s) Customers, we use personal data collected thru our application to service the needs of our Customer. Gappify does not collect any information for their own use but only to fulfill the services provided by the application to service our Customers.
- General Uses. We may also use your Personal Information to improve and personalize your experience with us, and, with your consent where necessary, send you information about us and keep you informed of our other products and services that may be of interest to you.
- Passively Collected Information. We use passively collected information to monitor and maintain the performance of our Sites, analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our services, validate users and ensure their technological compatibility with users, and optimize our marketing efforts.
Gappify has committed to cooperate with EU data protection authorities (DPAs) and comply with the advice given by such authorities with regard to human resources data transferred from the EU in the context of the employment relationship.
WITH WHOM WE SHARE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- Personal data collected as part of registration is not shared with any third party source and is contained within the Gappify application. We will share Personal Information with the affiliated Customer that requested such information from you (their Customer/Vendor). This information may also be exported/integrated to service the needs of a third party application as requested by our Customers.
- Service Providers. We, like many businesses, sometimes hire other companies (“Service Providers“) to perform certain business-related functions. Examples include mailing information, maintaining databases, processing credit card transactions, and hosting services. When we employ a Service Provider to perform a function of this nature, we provide it with the information that it needs to perform its specific function, which may include Personal Information and other information that you provide to us via a Site. These companies are authorized to use your Personal Information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
- Legal Requirements. We may disclose Personal Information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (a) comply with a subpoena or similar legal obligation, (b) protect and defend our rights or property, (c) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of any Site or the public, (d) protect against legal liability, or (e) or as otherwise required or permitted by law.
- Business Transfers. As we develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution, total or partial sale of assets in bankruptcy or similar event, Personal Information may be part of the transferred assets.
- Some of our pages utilize framing techniques to serve content to you from our partners while preserving the look and feel of our Sites. When you interact with content from our partners displayed on our Site, please be aware that you are providing your Personal Information to these third parties and it will be governed by their respective privacy policies.
OUR OPT-OUT POLICY
Email Marketing. To stop receiving newsletters or marketing communications from us, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org along with the information necessary for us to process your request.
Service-Related Announcements. We will also send you service-related email announcements on rare occasions when it is necessary to do so. For instance, if our service is temporarily suspended for maintenance, we might send you an email. You do not have an option to opt out of these emails, which are not promotional in nature.
OUR POLICY ON CORRECTING AND UPDATING PERSONAL INFORMATION AND DEACTIVATING YOUR ACCOUNT
You may request to access, correct, update or delete your Personal Information, or deactivate your account, by emailing our Customer Support at email@example.com with information necessary for us to process your request. We will respond to your request to access your Personal Information within 30 days. We may need to verify your identity before granting access to Personal Information in our custody or control. Please see below regarding our retention policy. This does not apply to personal data requested by our Customers from you (Vendors/Customers). Changes to this information has to be requested from our Customer.
Gappify participates in and has certified its compliance with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield framework regarding the collection, use and onward transfer of personal data from the European Economic Area. To learn more about the Privacy Shield Framework, visit the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Privacy Shield website. To learn more about Gappify’s participation in the Privacy Shield Framework, please see Gappify's Privacy Shield Notice.
Other Websites. The Sites may contain links to third party owned and/or operated websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites. We suggest that you contact these third parties directly for information regarding their privacy, security and data collection and distribution policies prior to providing them with any information.
Testimonials. We may post customer testimonials on the Sites which may contain Personal Information such as the customer’s name. We obtain the customer’s consent to post his/her Personal Information along with the testimonial, prior to posting the testimonial. If you want to remove your Personal Information that is being displayed on a Site under public pages, please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Security and Retention. We take commercially reasonable steps to help protect Personal Information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. However, no Internet or email transmission is ever fully secure or error free. In particular, email sent to or from a Site may not be secure, and you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to us via email. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any Personal Information to us or to any other party via the Internet. The security of your Personal Information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information on our forms or login credentials (such as username and password) on our platform login, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). Your Personal Information will be stored in the United States and will be subject to laws applicable in that country. If you have any questions about security on our Sites, you can contact us at email@example.com. We may retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
1161 Mission St.
San Francisco, CA 94103
United States of America
In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, Gappify commits to resolve complaints about our collection or use of your personal information. EU individuals with inquiries or complaints regarding our Privacy Shield policy should first contact Gappify at:
1161 Mission St.
San Francisco, CA 94103
United States of America
Or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Gappify has further committed to refer unresolved Privacy Shield complaints to JAMS (https://www.jamsadr.com/eu-us-privacy-shield), an alternative dispute resolution provider located in the [United States]. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint from us, or if we have not addressed your complaint to your satisfaction, please visit (https://www.jamsadr.com/eu-us-privacy-shield), for more information or to file a complaint. The services of JAMS are provided at no cost to you.
INDEPENDENT DISPUTE RESOLUTION BODY
Gappify has committed to respond to complaints and to provide appropriate recourse at no cost to you. If we fail to provide a timely response, or if our response does not address your concern, you may contact JAMS (https://www.jamsadr.com/eu-us-privacy-shield), which provides an independent third-party dispute resolution mechanism based in the United States. Gappify is subject to the investigative and enforcement powers of the Federal Trade Commission (FTC). In addition, Gappify has committed to cooperate with EU data protection authorities (DPAs) and comply with the advice given by such authorities with regard to human resources data transferred from the EU in the context of the employment relationship.
If you are located in the EEA and have exhausted all other means to resolve your concern regarding a potential violation of Gappify’s obligations under the Privacy Shield Principles, you may seek resolution via binding arbitration. For additional information about the arbitration process please visit the Privacy Shield website: www.privacyshield.gov
If a third party service provider providing services on Gappify’s behalf processes personal data from the EEA in a manner inconsistent with the applicable Privacy Shield Principles, Gappify will be liable unless we can prove that we are not responsible for the event giving rise to the damages.